Hey Chorus! Here is the national anthem performed by the cast of GLEE in the World Series that we talked about in our last chorus class just in case you missed it on TV(like I did!)
What do you think?
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
As amazing as "Mercedes" is, I wouldve been happier if they all sang it with like pretty harmoies or something.
Hi Taryn! I definitely agree with what you said and I was expecting to see it that way, but I do also like what they did with having a soloist and backups. I'm thinking they may have been going for the "wow factor" with having "Mercedes" belt it out and get the audience going. As we all know its a lot harder for a chorus of people to "belt it out" and still keep appropriate timing and balance.
I also think its pretty cool how somebody who obviously isnt' the "star" of the show got some pretty substantial stage time. I was expecting to tune in to all of them singing or to see the "Rachel and Finn show". (Did you know our beloved American Idol rejected the actress who plays "Mercedes"?
Either way, pretty good publicity for the show huh? (Not that it needs it because who wouldn't love a show about CHORUS?!? Duh!) :)
Haha yea thats a good point, she definately did belt it! Geesh whats up with these judges?? Theyre losing their touch I guess
Post a Comment